Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Beowulf in 3D: go with someone who will hold your hand.

Last night at two in the morning a woman knocked on our door and tried to open it. Jason yelled, Who is it, and she yelled back, You know me. No I don't, he said, and she continued to turn the handle. She was wearing dark glasses. Finally, she went away.

I had a table of eight two nights ago who left me $3 on a $75 bill. The IRS requires me to claim at least 10% of my sales for taxes, so basically I had to tell the government that I made $7.50 in tips from that table. Go to McDonalds if you don't want to tip the waitress. It's unbelievable. It's twice the work for me to wait on eight people at a time. I asked the manager why we don't have a policy of mandatory gratuity for parties of six or more, and he said the owner thinks it's rude. Every other restaurant I have ever worked in has added gratuity.

My family is probably coming to Albuquerque for Christmas.

3 comments:

Eric Z. said...

I would definitely buy a book called Mandatory Gratuity.

Anonymous said...

so would i.
d

Anonymous said...

also,
the book is so much better than the movie. and i hate it when nipples are removed like that.
d