Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I've been hesitant to write here because I don't know what I should allow myself to say.

I'm worried about a lot of things.

In two months I have spent seven months of savings. I really don't know where December rent is going to come from. I've already asked my mom to take over my most expensive student loan payment. I won't have health insurance in 2008. I'm supposed to be writing this book but I'm so distracted by everything else. I wish I could get into an MFA program without a BA. What schools offer undergraduate credit for life experience? Anyone?

I want to have 8,000 words to submit to the Story Quarterly contest by the end of the month. Email me if you have time to read/help: leighstein (at) gmail (dot) com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should allow yourself to say what you want to say.

I heard that SAIC has some sort of a student at large program whereby you can take any classes you want-- both graduate and undergraduate levels. I don't think you get a piece of paper that says MFA on it, but you can definitely get the education.

E-mail me you story, I'd like to read it.

dmitriy