Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Las Vegas

The drive there was great. Pictures to follow. There are dinosaurs all along the sides of the highway in Arizona.

We got to Vegas on Saturday afternoon, took a nap, had fancy Italian food with the whole family, and then Jason and I went on the NASCAR roller coaster. We were staying at the Stratosphere. The wedding was on Sunday at the Las Vegas Hilton, where Elvis at one point shot a TV or something. On the way to the wedding our car got a flat and then we went to the wrong hotel and took a cab and arrived late. I had two glasses of chardonnay at the reception. That was my breakfast. That night we went to Fremont Street to watch the light show and Jason had a deep fried twinkie.

After Fremont Street we walked the Strip for about four hours and rode the roller coaster at New York New York, my favorite. On Monday they fixed our car, I played Blackjack for the first time ever and was winning for a while, but then walked away when I broke even. For dinner I had grilled cheese, turtle cheesecake, and a mimosa. The food there is insane. Before we drove home yesterday, Jason's grandparents took us to the biggest buffet I've ever seen. Jason's grandpa is a poker champ. Vegas is sparkly and great, but I'm glad to be home.

No comments: