Thursday, December 6, 2007

I don't think my sister reads my blog. I don't think she knows I have a blog.

Hattie, if you're reading this, stop. I want to talk about you behind your back.

Okay, so I think I found a book to get Hattie for Christmas: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie. I love Sherman Alexie. I've only read his poetry. This book is illustrated with cartoons, which makes me think my sister might not like it, but his writing is so clear and funny it makes me think she would like it. My sister's hard to please when it comes to books, but every year I try.

This was a success last year:


She does not like Barbara Kingsolver. She does like Harry Potter. She does not like The Golden Compass or His Dark Materials. She didn't used to like Francesca Lia Block, but she told me she recently read and liked The Rose and the Beast. She's the hardest to please and the one I want to please most.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about The Human War by Noah Cicero?

Leigh Stein said...

she is fifteen and likes teen vogue and tap dancing.