Monday, January 28, 2008

I made it to p100 of my novel. I think the last time I updated I was on p80 or something, but that's before I had to throw away about 40 of those. I remember reading an interview with Jonathan Safran Foer, in which he said that he wrote thousands of pages of ELIC before making a book of them. And I thought, thousands? Yeah right. But now I'm like, Oh. I do write a lot of terrible pages. And my terrible pages are like bad children who shouldn't be allowed on the playground with the others.

We leave New Mexico in fifteen days. This is kind of unbelievable to me. I was just starting to feel like I lived here. I'm picking up the dialect, almost everything I eat besides cereal has green chile in it, I found a pair of vintage cowboy boots last week for $20. The reasons we're moving are too complicated and personal to go into here, but I will say that this was definitely an adventure.