Friday, February 22, 2008

more reasons to kick & scream

So, I got a letter from my previous apartment complex today. They are liars and cheats. I have been contesting numerous fees and mistakes on their part for three weeks now, and it's just neverending.

Last week, the day we moved out, we got a call from the manager saying we had forgotten to turn in our garage key. So, when we stopped in Missouri, we mailed it priority mail to our favorite neighbors, so they could turn it in in person.

Our neighbor Cat turned it in on Saturday. To a live person who worked in the office.

I called three times during regular business hours to ask if they'd received it. No one answered. No one returned my voicemails.

I called on Wednesday and spoke to the manager and it went something like this:
Me: Hi, I'm just calling to make sure you got our garage key.
Her: We never received it.
Me: Our neighbor, ----- from apartment ----- turned it in to Tracy.
Her: Tracy says she doesn't have it.
Me: Well, I hope you're not going to charge me for changing the locks, since you lost the key.
Her: You've already been charged. We never got it.
Me: WELL UNLESS THERE WAS A STRANGER SITTING AT THE FRONT DESK ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON, THE KEY WAS TURNED IN AND YOU HAVE IT.
Her: No we don't.
Me: I would appreciate if you would do a better job looking, because you obviously lost it.

I called my nice neighbor, who went in there yesterday to speak to them, and surprise! They found the key! Miraculous!

They were going to charge me $50 to replace the lock. They also want to charge me $50 in "cleaning fees" even though 1) the apartment was clean as a whistle and I have photos to prove it, and 2) as far as I understand, apartments have to be cleaned before the next tenant moves in anyway.

I got the name and number of the manager's manager and left a message, so hopefully he actually calls me back.

No comments: