Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Girl on the Fridge



She said, "Dont touch it," and I asked, "What is it?"

"It's glue," she said. "Special glue. Superglue."

And I asked: "What did you buy that for?"

"Because I need it," she said. "I've got lots of things to glue together."

"There's nothing that needs gluing together," I snapped. "I can't understand why you buy all this crap."

"The same reason I married you," she shot back, "to kill time."

- "Crazy Glue" by Etgar Keret

* * *


While I was at the bookstore buying this book, I heard a little girl voice say, "What is that?"

"An atlas of the United States of America," a man voice answered. "If you'd like to look at it, sit down and I will put it in your lap."

"I don't want to."

"I don't understand you today. You keep asking for one thing and then changing your mind. This has got to stop."

1 comment:

Hattie Stein said...

hahaha little kids are cool.
today we were at lilacia park and there was this little girl taking pictures with her aunt and mom

"Aunt em what are you going to do about getting married?"

"I've already gotten married."