Thursday, June 19, 2008

Flor, I need things to go on happening between us, your astronaut.

Oh, Airfare Watchdog, why do you tease me with such cheap flights to Albuquerque?

I can't wait until I'm rich enough to buy a second home. A first home even.

I have tallied your recommendations for Herzog Fest 08 and here are the movies I am supposed to watch:

KASPER HAUSER (Every Man Against Himself and God Against All)
Aguirre, the Wrath of God
Even Dwarfs Started Small
STROSZEK
Burden of Dreams
My Best Fiend
Little Dieter Learns to Fly

Argentinian graffiti tag line title from Maxine Swann's notes from abroad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you're watching herzog movies you really should watch fitzcarraldo...the boat up the mountain scene is a classic.

and the name of the one on your list is "my best fiend", not "my best friend"...when you see that documentary about herzog and klaus
kinski (star of "aguirre" and "fitzcarraldo") you'll understand why.

Eric Z. said...

Not to keep piling on names, but I know about five people who loved Grizzly Man, too.

Leigh Stein said...

Grizzly Man I have seen! Twice! I loved it.