Tuesday, June 10, 2008

what everybody's talking about



"...the most surprising reading I've ever been to or in," says poet Mike Young.



"...I am not part of the elite new york fun times reading group," worries blogger Jereme.



Katharine Tillman, future household name, remembers, "[Leigh] read 'Katharine Tillman vs. Lake Michigan,' the poem that's going to make me a household name, but no one acted like I was a celebrity, probably because no one knew who I was."


All photos by Amy King, Poet Laureate of the blogosphere

7 comments:

ryan manning said...

the next night we ate whale

Hattie said...

I'm not under humans. What am I to you, a woodland creature?

jereme said...

Leigh,

You made me laugh very hard. It was unexpected and I choked on the rockstar I was drinking.

I will support your art and buy your chapbook. I don't think I have read any of your stuff before. I will wait until I get the chapbook.

Do you take money orders? Or Paypal/CC only?

Leigh Stein said...

hattie:

that's exactly what you are.

jereme:

i'm sorry for being a bitch and arguing for the sake of arguing.

you're probably a nice, [relatively] normal person.

i would accept a money order, but not if you want my address only to send your cronies after me.

email leighstein at gmail

Tao Lin said...

this was 'touching' how jereme is now buying your book, good job

jereme said...

i must admit that I enjoyed the arguing slightly.

it is ok though. I am used to it. Most people have a super strong hatred for me until they get to know me and understand where I am coming from.

I know I come off as an asshole but it is part of who I am. I don't know how to communicate effectively with people I guess.

I will not send cronies or do weird stalker stuff.

I simply deal in cash only. It is a philosophical thing.

I get paid tomorrow so I think I will put the order in this weekend or monday.

Anonymous said...

yay, unicorn!