Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The race to the finish



I am determined to finish my novel before school resumes in January. I am on p154. I will tell you what page I'm on until I finish, which I think will motivate me to keep my word to myself.

How you can help: tell me embarrassing slumber party stories. Tell me humiliating ones. Especially if you are a girl. Especially if the story happened in middle school circa 1997. Once your story is incorporated into my book, you will be absolved of the cringing memory of it. I promise/hope. If it is too horrible to relate publicly, you could email leighstein AT gmail DOT com.

5 comments:

Matt said...

I once willingly participated in a slumber party hosted by my sister in the early 1990s. Yes, I was the only boy, and I was two years older than everyone. I don't remember any specific embarrassing incidents--though I know there were many--but my very presence there is embarrassing enough, as I think about it now. What was I thinking? you may ask. Good question. Good question...

Elisa Gabbert said...

I once laughed so hard at a slumber party that I peed in my sleeping bag.

Kendra Grant Malone said...

once at a slumber party i was embarrassed to tell everyone that i was afraid of the dark so instead i told everyone that i had a VERY RARE mental condition where if i couldn't see my own body i had psychotic breaks. i told them that there were 'connecters' in my brain that were missing, unlike their brains and i just couldn't comprehend that i was still there if i couldn't see myself. i was seven and never invited to a slumber party for the rest of my life.

Leigh Stein said...

matt, believe it or not you actually solved my immediate problem. it was staring me right in the face.

elisa, omg.

kendra, i like that at seven you knew the term "psychotic break."

Matt said...

Cool! Glad to help.