Tuesday, January 6, 2009

AWP Countdown

Last night I dreamed that my dad asked me if I was keeping my money buried in the yard or inside the house. I DON'T LIVE IN A SLUM, I told him. YES YOU DO, he said. Then blood started coming out of my ears.

...

The New School canceled my French class and didn't tell me. The only reason I found out is because I'm an anxious person and I check everything three times to make sure it is real. When I called the registrar's office I said, Was someone going to tell me it was canceled? And they were like, Someone should have. Well, no one did.

So I'm taking Sociology of Forgiveness instead. + Politics in the Time of Malaria

...

Who's going to AWP? Who wants to be my valentine? It would be hard to have a worse valentine's day than last year's. Unless I fall into a coma or wild dogs eat my arms.

7 comments:

Elisa Gabbert said...

I'll be there! And I often dream about wild dogs eating my arms. (Note: this is a bad dream, not a fantasy.)

Michael Northrop said...

Wild dogs would be a good valentine. Don't diss them. They would share their carrion with you and it would be kind of sweet, though utterly revolting.

Also, I don't understand your last post. P161... My best guess: a page number or a locker in a bus station.

Leigh Stein said...

is there a salinger story with a bus station locker?

p161 is the page i'm on in my novel. i want to finish it by january 25. i'm aiming for 200. go, magical dream bear, go!

Eastern Cynic said...

I actually got a call that one of my classes was canceled. Clearly, the New School is going out of business.

Michael Northrop said...

There is a Gary Coleman movie in which he lives in a bus station locker and makes money by betting on horse races. It may be based on a Salinger story.

Oh, that's awesome! Go, mdb! The remaining pages will be wrestled into existence by the irresistible power of your dream paws.

Mike Young said...

I'll be there! I don't dream. It's bad for the colon.

Meggy_FFW said...

I'm going to AWP.