Saturday, January 10, 2009

Did you know what a unicorn is is a horse

In my classes, we do this improv exercise in which someone begins a silent activity that suggests a place and then once everyone else in the class figures out "where" they're at, they join in. I'm sorry if that makes no sense, but four-year-olds can do it. I swear. Today:

Me: I'm not sure where E is. Does anyone know where she could be?

K: A horse!

Me: Okay, but where is the horse?

E: I'm not a horse!

Me: You look like a horse. Let's all be horses.

(We gallop in circles.)

Me: Okay, stop. E, where were you supposed to be?

E: I WASN'T A HORSE I WAS A UNICORN

Me: Ohhhhhh.

K: DID YOU KNOW WHAT A UNICORN IS IS A HORSE THAT HAS A HORN ON ITS HEAD

Me: Is that true?

K: AND it flies!

Me: I love unicorns.

K: Did you know that when I grow up I'm going to be a real princess?

3 comments:

Stephanie Goehring said...

God this sounds like so much fun.

Michael Northrop said...

The best part:

Me: Is that true?

K: AND it flies!

Wherein K (rightly) disregards your question about the truth of unicorns and instead supplies valuable additional information.

Wanna Reading said...

Hi, I am a new fan of your blog. Hope you can join my free horse lovers club RiderMate.com. It is very active now.