Wednesday, January 21, 2009

O! let me not be mad, not mad, sweet heaven;
Keep me in temper; I would not be mad!

I have an ear infection. I'll probably live.

The doctor: I'm going to put you on Augmentin. I think you take it for ten days.
(Pulls out Blackberry.)
Me: I'm glad you're checking. I'm glad you're not just, like, guessing.
The doctor: I like you, you're funny.

I went to work anyway, and tried not to infect the intern. I've been wiping everything down with Clorox. Thanks to everyone who told me a joke.

3 comments:

Chalie Mae said...

i had a double ear infection the week of new years. ive never been in so much pain. i then got a yeast infection from the antibiotics. ive told everyone ive run into that we should start giving inmates on death row double ear infections and yeast infections over and over and over. bahaha

Michael Northrop said...

I am glad you're going to live. I hope you won't have to wear one of those Revolutionary War–looking head bandages. Augmentim sounds totally made up, but then, I guess it is. You should consider a third job as a medicine namer. Doctors think you're funny.

Leigh Stein said...

Chalie, that sounds like a nightmare even worse than my own. Next time, take probiotics. It's like eating yogurt in a pill, which I know sounds disgusting, but it will put the good bacteria back inside you.

Michael, I assure you Augmentin is not made up. The pills are the size of fists.