Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pharmacist: Is this Leigh Stein?
Me: Yes?
Pharmacist: We just got a message from your doctor but we can't give you the medication unless he mails the prescription. When we tried to call, no one answered.
Me: Did you leave a message?
Pharmacist: We're not allowed to leave a message.
Me: What do you mean you're not allowed to leave a message?
Pharmacist: He has to mail the prescription and we're not allowed to tell him that in a message.
Me: So how is he supposed to know that?
Pharmacist: I have to tell him.
Me: So you want him to call you back?
Pharmacist: Yes.
Me: SO WHY DON'T YOU CALL AND LEAVE A MESSAGE AND TELL HIM TO CALL YOU BACK
Pharmacist: Okay, but you can't have the medication until I have that prescription.
Me: I UNDERSTAND THAT, BUT HOW IS HE GOING TO MAIL IT TO YOU UNLESS YOU TELL HIM
Pharmacist: I'm just letting you know.

2 comments:

personage said...

craziness!!

Tilt Press said...

I have so cursed out a few pharmacists or two. They LOVE to be all up in your business. "you know, you can't take both of these at the same time". yes, asshole, I know - just give me my medicine and shat up.

I would be nervous about someone filling my prescription who doesn't have the common sense of a rock.

- rachel