Sunday, February 8, 2009

What are you doing on Friday night? I'll give you a hint.



We meet at the Library Brown El Line Station (1 W Van Buren St), Northbound to Kimball Platform @ 8:45 pm. Look for the SIGN and the CROWD.


Pictures of the Chicago skyline and el platforms make me emotional. I had a drink tonight with a girl I've known since I was five years old. Somewhere I still have a picture of us, taken on our first day of 2nd grade, and I'm wearing a fuschia hat with a big flower in the front, like Mayim Bialik. I know it's second grade because I'm holding up my fingers like a peace sign. In the summer, she and her sister and I would sit on my long driveway, when it wasn't still too hot from the sun, and trade baseball cards.

2 comments:

Chalie Mae said...

will you be in town for this? also... the first person i thought of was gina and then i was like "nah shes here" so i thought steph. am i right? ps waltz with bashir=brilliant

Leigh Stein said...

YES, i will be in town. it would be nice if you could come, but i understand you have a small furry animal living with you now...

yes, i saw stephanie! i think she and gina are the people i've known longest.