Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pick a vowel.

I have an e-chapbook coming out from h-ngm-n any second now that contains all my secrets. Just kidding. Only a couple secrets. But it does contain bedbugs, Jessica Alba, Wisconsin, kites and cocaine, and the address of the house I grew up in. I would say it's a much-anticipated e-book, but I'm the only person who's been anticipating it.

I remember hanging out with a person who no longer speaks to me and having to be told that h-ngm-n is HANGMAN. I thought it was a random combination of letters and hyphens. This doesn't say a lot about my intelligence. I have to tell you, my brain hasn't really been working up to speed in days. I'm surprised I haven't fallen down a staircase or accidentally ruined someone's career through my own negligence. Six hours until Friday. Carry on.

6 comments:

Stephanie Goehring said...

Congrats!

Catherine Lacey said...

Did you say "carry on" because of the sign in your office that says "Keep Calm and Carry On" ?

Leigh Stein said...

I don't have that sign in my cubicle, but you know what? That's exactly what it's missing.

Rachel Mallino said...

ha! Sometimes the most intelligent people are also the ditsiest, at times. I'm really looking forward to your e-book, I loved "how to mend" - it was one of my favorites reads of last year.

Rachel Mallino said...

that should be "favorite" not "favorites".

*sigh*

personage said...

Happy Friday!!

I am excited about your new book!!