Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Vacation




I'm home in Lombard. So far, I've gone to the new water park once, visited the new modern wing of the Art Institute, seen Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind, played The Sims for approximately ten hours, watched a Michael Jackson interview, gone for a long drive across Schaumburg with Beth while listening to dance radio stations at a very high volume, written two or three pages of The Book*, and danced at a club that had a VOLLEYBALL COURT near the parking lot.

* Revising is 100x worse than writing. I can't wait until it's over, and there's a part of me who fears it may never be.

3 comments:

dingo said...

welcome back to illinois!

Kathleen Rooney said...

I didn't know you were from Lombard! I grew up in Woodridge--super-close. Have you read "Betty the Zombie" by Elizabeth Crane? It's about a woman from Lombard who accidentally gets zombified while shopping at a craft supply store, and is the only short fiction I'm aware of that's set in "The Lilac Village."

Leigh Stein said...

Elizabeth Crane is my idol. I saw her on a panel at AWP and stared at her like I'd never seen a writer in the flesh before or something.

My novel is set (unsurprisingly) in the Lilac Village, too!