Saturday, September 19, 2009

Detailed details

Yesterday was my last day at the New Yorker. I have no regrets. Maybe this blog will come back from the dead.

Today I taught my first musical theater class of the fall trimester. It included: dance warmup to the Jackson Five, kid-choreographed wild rumpus dances in a reenacted Where the Wild Things Are, "Tomorrow" from Annie, and an awesome pantomimed Antarctica which included ice skaters, penguins, snowball fighters, and a hand maiden of hot chocolate. Don't you want to be in my class?

Monday is my first day at my other (new) teaching job in Sheepshead Bay. I'm sure I will tell you all about it.

Does no one want to see Jude Law in Hamlet with me?

3 comments:

newyorkette said...

we'll miss you! but you can still come to softball! all alumni come, and we need not miss you at beer and pizza next spring!

Benjamin said...

I would love to come see Hamlet, but unfortunately I live a little far for a night at the theatre.

newyorkette said...

are tickets easy to come by? I'd LOVE to see Jude Law in Hamlet.