Friday, December 11, 2009

It's that time again

I'm knee deep in elves, snowflakes, magic toys, and frozen tongues. Must be holiday recital season! One of my favorite coworkers was fired and the dance teacher came down with strep throat on the same day.

I've been trying to sing every day, to prepare for a family show I'm performing in 8 days. I don't think I've done any singing in a year. It's gross how good I used to be and how much I suck now. Not that kids notice these things. But I do.

I've been going to the gym. I took my first spin class and I almost died but I didn't. I alternated mantras:

"If Biggest Loser contestants can run a marathon, you can do this."

"You want to be here. You want to be here. You want to be here."

1 comment:

Maggie May said...

i mantra when i walk too

' you are healthy mind body and soul '