Thursday, February 25, 2010

kindergarten

Me: Repeat after me: RED LEATHER, YELLOW LEATHER!
Them: RED lella, LELLA lella!
Me: (laughing) Close...red LEATHER! What's LEATHER?
Little girl who looks like doll: I KNOW! THE ALPHABET!
Me: (laughing) No...
LGWLLD: I KNOW! You climb it!
(pantomimes climbing ladder)

...

Little girl who looks like the Little Mermaid: Miss Leigh, can I tell you something?
Me: What?
LGWLLTLM: I think I'm dumb.
Me: Why, who called you dumb?
LGWLLTLM: No one. I just think I am.
Me: Why, because you lost at the game?
(nods)
Me: But if you keep playing the game every week, you'll get really good at it! And then you won't lose anymore!
LGWLLTLM: Miss Leigh?
Me: Yeah?
LGWLLTLM: I love you.

3 comments:

The Eastern Cynic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Eastern Cynic said...

I'm trying to figure out who's more adversely affecting the others' perceptions of reality: you or the kids.

Stephanie Goehring said...

Loooooove this.