Monday, April 5, 2010

schedule

I had a migraine for nine hours today, which sucked, because I have about 5,000 things to do, and 4,800 of those things are puppets. I leave for Denver on Wednesday morning. Lily gave me the idea of posting a schedule here. The hardest part will be Thursday night: how to choose between three equally enticing readings, all happening simultaneously? Tell me what to do. I am a Libra. Also, why are all the good panels I want to go to on Thursday?

Wednesday

Dusie Pussipo Stonecoast Femiganza
AWP Off-Site Reading
Wed, April 7
7pm - 10pm

Thursday

9 - 10:15 R102. Writing the West: The Transplanted Writer as Literary Outsider. (Summer Wood, Pam Houston, Robert Wilder, Uma Krishnaswami)

10:30 - 11:45 R133. Women Writing the West. (Alyson Hagy, Vicki Lindner, Marilyn Krysl, Lee Ann Roripaugh, Allison Hedge Coke)

12 - 2 Poets and Puppets @ TABLE X

3 - 4:15: R193. Performing Poetry: Good on the Stage, Good on the Page. (Jeffrey Skinner, Karyna McGlynn, Simone Muench, Kiki Petrosino, Brett Eugene Ralph)

Horse Less Press & Lost Roads Press are co-hosting a reading on April 8 in Denver during the AWP Conference. (C.D. Wright, Forrest Gander, Adam Clay, Matt Henriksen, Cynthia Arrieu-King, Sommer Browning, Julia Cohen, Bruce Covey, Nate Slawson, Jennifer Denrow, Eric Baus, Andrea Rexilius, Shawn Huelle, Emily Kendal Frey, Sarah Bartlett, Joseph Wood, Jen Tynes, and Susan Scarlat)

OR

Bloof Books, Cooper Dillon Books & Noemi Press. (Shanna Compton, Peter Davis, Jill Alexander Essbaum, Claire Hero, Jennifer L. Knox, Ada Limon, Gary L. McDowell, Danielle Pafunda, Nate Pritts, Shya Scanlon, Sandra Simonds)

OR

Wave Books, Canarium Books, Ugly Ducking Presse & Octopus Books Presents (John Beer, Heather Christle, Dorothea Lasky, Paul Killebrew, Dan Machlin, Geoffrey Nutter, Alex Stein, Matvei Yankelevich)

AND

Table X Publishing Commune Presents: AWP Thursday Night After Party
Mercury Café

Friday

12 - 2 Poets and Puppets @ TABLE X

4:30 - 5:45 F215. The Road Less Taken and the Ivory Tower: Getting Creative about Creative Careers. (Laura Valeri, Andrea Dupree, Margo Rabb, David Rothman, John Brehm)

Diminishing House on Extremely Small Island (Jason Koo, Nicky Beer)

Saturday

10:30 - 11:45 S138. jubilat 10th Anniversary Reading. (Robert Casper, Dara Wier, Lisa Olstein, Jen Bervin, Peter Gizzi, Cathy Park Hong)

...dance party?

9 comments:

Elisa Gabbert said...

You didn't even list Historic Falcon. Sad Face. I was going to tell you to go to that one.

Leigh Stein said...

Oh no! Don't make a sad face. That was the one I heard about...fourth. So my brain kind of exploded. I'm rooming with Liz Hildreth and she wants to go to Historic Falcon more than any other, so good chance that's where I'll be. I'd love to hear you read!

Elisa Gabbert said...

Thursday night would make my brain explode too, but I don't have to choose, luckily.

Do you still need pledges??

Leigh Stein said...

It's hard to know which factors should inform my decision: which poets are my favorites? which poets am I least likely to see in New York? which poets have I never heard before?

I raised 92% of the needed funds, so I went ahead and ordered the camera. I wouldn't say I "need" pledges anymore, though I wouldn't turn anyone away. The portrait puppets take way longer to make/paint than I anticipated...especially because I have to hand sew the bodies.

Elisa Gabbert said...

You have to hand-sew the bodies. Sounds gruesome.

I'd pledge $5 if it would make something happen. Are pledges like poetry?

Leigh Stein said...

if you pledge, i make very special movie for you. poem of your choosing.

Elisa Gabbert said...

So hard to choose!!!! Maybe "I Feel Drunk All the Time" by Kenneth Patchen??? Maybe "Boobs Are Real"??

Can I give you $5 in person in Denver? That'd be faster than mailing a check.

Leigh Stein said...

I WAS HOPING AND PRAYING SOMEONE WOULD ASK FOR BOOBS ARE REAL

Elisa Gabbert said...

ha! do that one!!!