Tuesday, May 25, 2010

it's like summer, but not

Poets & Puppets was great. If you couldn't be there, I'm sorry. Matt took this picture. More photographic and videographic documentation forthcoming.

I play softball against Vanity Fair tonight, have first meeting of summer Anna Karenina book club tomorrow, go to yoga on Thursday with Amy and Lily, and picnic on Saturday with Sarah and Lily. I asked Sarah what the theme of the picnic could be, other than "foods Leigh knows how to make." Sarah suggested the theme be "picnic." Good call, Sarah. This is why we're besties. What card games should we play? I want to play spoons.

Two people on Saturday told me they could teach me to whistle before the end of the summer. I'm skeptical. I've wanted to whistle for ages, but I can't. Is this a teachable thing?

3 comments:

Arthur Q. Bryan said...

I can tell by your picture that you definitely want to whistle.

Sarah said...

People have been telling me for many many summers that they will teach me how to ride a bike. At 25 I still do not know how to ride a bike. Just sayin' . . .

I am also super excited for our picnic themed picnic. Little plastic ants might be in order.

Liz said...

Zazi has been teaching herself to whistle for about a month. She came up behind me the other day just a whistlin' and I thought she was David! Z will help you meet your summer whistling goal in return for playing "We Are Princesses; Our Job Is Go To Balls" or "We Are Plant-Eating dinosaurs. We Hate All Meat Eaters."