Wednesday, September 29, 2010

teachable moments

(second kindergarten drama class)
ME: Does anyone remember my name?
A: Your hair is different.
ME: That's because I'm not the dance teacher. I'm a different person.

(2nd grade)
Y: MISS LEIGH! N. *#()*(@) ME!
ME: He WHAT?
Y: He LICKED me!
ME: N, did you lick him?
(N looks sheepish)
ME: We don't lick people. Would you want me to lick you? No. That's not something we do.

(1st grade)
S: Can't you make it on one? [a double-sided photocopy]
ME: No, I don't know how to make it on one.
S: You only know how to make it on...plenty?

(1st grade)
T: What play are we going to do this time? Alvin and the Chickmucks!?!??!?!!

(2nd grade)
ME: And then Jack heard some heavy footsteps and a voice that said...
S: Fee fi fo fum! I smell the blood of a hooligan!

2 comments:

Keelie Sheridan said...

Sigh. I love them.

Catherine Mackie said...

Out of the mouths of babes... Delightful blog.