Sunday, January 23, 2011

I always want to cry

- when Maria and Tony get fake-married in the bridal store

- when Tony gets shot

- when Amélie is crying and then she hears the bead curtains move, but it's only her cat

- when Sally tells Harry she broke up with her ex-boyfriend, because they never had sex on the kitchen floor

- when Barbra Steisand sings "My Man"

- at the end of Pan's Labyrinth

- at the end of When Harry Met Sally

- when Edna St. Vincent Millay falls down the stairs and dies

- at that scene in Everything Is Illuminated when Brod and her husband have to communicate through a little hole in the wall because he's gone mad and beats her all the time

- when I hear a song I haven't heard in a really long time and it reminds me of some time in my life that is over

2 comments:

Elisa Gabbert said...

but you don't actually cry?

Leigh Stein said...

I do, mostly. But sometimes I have such anticipation of the crying that I can't.