Sunday, April 17, 2011

Reading material

What I am bringing to read in New Mexico:

SELF
***Gwyneth Paltrow's Healthy Eating Secrets: What She Really Does to Get Those Abs!

GLAMOUR
***12 THINGS EVERY WOMAN DESERVES NOW



The Zoo in Winter
by Polina Barskova

every time I try to complain to someone about life
someone's inevitably irritated
how dare you young healthy beautiful
and my interlocutor doesn't even guess
that these three words affect me
like abracadabra affects a pumpkin




Bluets
by Maggie Nelson

32. When I say "hope," I don't mean hope for anything in particular. I guess I just mean thinking that it's worth it to keep one's eyes open. "What are all those/fuzzy-looking things out there?/Trees? Well, I'm tired/of them": the last words of William Carlos Williams's English grandmother.

No comments: