Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

LIFE, LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF WEALTHINESS

dedicated to Sarah

I thought I had a stroke, but
it was my false eyelashes.

It's a land of make believe.

It can be brutal at times.
Growing up in extreme wealth,

you have to sometimes be careful.

I live in a gated community.
I have four nannies and they rotate.

It's so romantic.

I feel that this is an opportunity
for me to show that I'm my own person.

It may look like I have it all, but

I want more. I'm a dancer and
I have been my whole life.

I'd rather be happy than right.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Leigh, these poems are great.

Stephanie said...

I'm loving these. I've been writing a bunch of poems about television and have some that are made up of language generated via channel surfing, but man, I wish I had thought of this. These poems are really great.