Saturday, January 7, 2012

The party you were at or missed

Thursday night was the release party for my novel, You Already Know what It's Called Because I Talk About It All the Time (co-written with Raymond Carver's ghost).

Keelie Sheridan, who runs 18 miles a day in a bikini, took time out of her busy life being fabulous to document this momentous occasion:

Have you ever seen so many pandas who love books? Me neither. 

Erin Lynn Welsh, another artsy friend, captured the night's historical impact in sepia:

Looks like these pandas just got off a stagecoach in Lordsburg: 

This was a dream come true for me. I made new friends, learned that you pronounce ARC like "ark," as in "Noah's," and overcame my fear of reading prose aloud. Just kidding. I'm still terrified, but trying to hide it by reminding myself to breathe.

Dear readers, I hope to meet more of you as I travel the country by Conestoga wagon* this month! Check out my tour schedule, it's totally insane. Next stop: Chicago.

*A girl can dream. 

3 comments:

Michael Northrop said...

Were you pronouncing it ARSE, as in "the horse's arse who missed your party"? I bought the book, though, and moved it all the way up to the top of my TBR pile.

Leigh Stein said...

I thought you had to spell it, A-R-C. Hope you enjoy the book, Michael!

Kathleen Rooney said...

Cannot wait to see you in the Chi!